Tiferet Bet Israel, a warm and welcoming contemporary conservative synagogue in Blue Bell, PA, draws together a diverse community. Our community is constantly evolving and always seeking new ways to provide meaningful experiences that embrace our Jewish values and beliefs. We focus on spiritual growth through prayer and music, lifelong learning, connection to Israel, Judaism and each other, tikkun olam* and social programs that continually redefine what it means to be Jewish today. Through these initiatives, we enrich the lives of all of our members as we pass our values on from generation to generation. Literally translated into English as “repairing the world”, tikun olam refers to acts of “giving back” that contribute to the good of society.
- Lifelong Learning
In partnership with our TBI families, our goal is to instill a love of lifelong learning for all the learners in our community. Our engaging and nurturing programs are designed to:
- nurture a positive Jewish identity, personal religious thought, and creative spiritual expression
- nurture and enhance Jewish literacy
- emphasize the concept of mitzvah as a basis for Jewish belief, action, and tikun olam.
- provide opportunities for family and community engagement
- foster an appreciation of lifelong Torah study as a vital link to our tradition.
- develop a kinship with Klal Yisrael, the world Jewish community, by actively seeking the welfare of Jews throughout the world and affirm our historical bond to Eretz Yisrael, the State of Israel.
- Spiritual Growth
To promote the spiritual growth of our TBI community, we strive to include all segments of our community and connect them to Judaism, G-d and each other through meaningful religious observances, music, educational programs, and opportunities for the performance of acts of loving-kindness.
- Connection to Israel, Judaism and each other
We are committed to continually find new ways to connect our members to their roots and each other. We will keep Judaism alive and evolving within our Conservative synagogue, by involving multiple generations within our community in shaping our identity (l’dor v’dor). Israel will be a focal point for our community as we provide programming and exposure to Israel to strengthen connection within our unique and diverse community.
(Financial health is the basis of direct support to Israel, day school education, volunteerism and sending students to Israel.)
Established by the Board of Directors, November 2014