Accessibility for People with Disabilities at Tiferet Bet Israel
Tiferet Bet Israel welcomes people of all abilities, and we are committed to being accessible to all of our members and guests.
- The sanctuary and chapel entrances are equipped with automatic doors and are wide enough to accommodate wheelchairs.
- There is a mechanical lift so that those who wish can be raised safely and comfortably up to the bimah to be honored with an Aliyah or to read from the Torah or Haftorah.
- As an alternative to using the lift, a reading table that holds the Torah can used on the sanctuary floor for Aliyot and reading.
- Assistive listening devices are available upon request to be used during services or programs. Please see the floor gabbai, ushers or greeters.
- Large-print siddurim are on the cart that holds additional reading material, found at the back of the sanctuary or in the lobby.
If possible, please notify the Executive Director in advance of your visit if you may need special access or materials.